Prolapsed vent

Pooping is good.
Is she lethargic or still in pretty good spirits?

I know you feel bad, sometimes things happen when we aren't home, so you do the best you can when you catch it.

Keep me posted on how she's doing.

Pooping is good.

I know you feel bad, sometimes things happen when we aren't home, so you do the best you can when you catch it.

Yep, bet it felt a little better to get it out. She is not lethargic *knocks on wood!*. She did enjoy the blow dryer tremendously last night! I was surprised at that lol! She would hold completely still for it. I had wrapped her in a towel and laid on her side as I figured she would hate it. Quite the opposite! We did have a little stand off for the soak haha. Once she realized it felt good, she was fine, no sudden movements from me though lol. She is such a sweet girl, hoping she gets better!

Pooping is good.

Afraid I may be fighting a losing battle. She now has some sores(look like blistered skin) from where urine has irritated/scalded her since it just kind of leaks out. 😭 I put ointment on there there as soon as I had her dry after her soak to help it but not looking good. Swelling doesn't appear to have gone down too much either and the strange looking stuff(in other pics I think some was poo as she was trying to go) is def tissue...if I try to take off it will just rip her skin open. She is pooping a lot more now..had a lot when I was at work and then went several times since have been home. She did not like the soak or the blow dry as much today. Guess will just try to keep her comfortable and see. Sad!

Here are a couple photos after her soak. Of course she had to go poo/dribble right after getting her out so some in some feathers again.

Attachments

• 20200805_201009.jpg
    20200805_201009.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200805_201000.jpg
    20200805_201000.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm sorry it's not going well :(
Do you think the same also from pics etc? Just wanting to make sure I am not rushing to conclusions due to lack of experience with this issue. If she didn't have that yucky looking tissue...I think the swelling maaay be down some this morning when I applied ointment again. May give it a few more days as she pooped this morning and didn't run down her skin. Thank you. 🙁🙁🙁🙁

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom