Proper dosage of corid powder for treating coccidiostat, can someone help?

Since Corid is so safe, it would be best to go with the severe outbreak dose, and use 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

Since Corid works by blocking coccidia of thiamine, eliminate any supplemental use of poultry vitamins containing thiamine, as that would work against the Corid. In addition, ensure the Corid medicated water, is the only water the birds have access to. Critically Ill birds can be given undilute Corid, for a boost.

I have always done 3/4 tsp per gallon of water. I don’t think one whole tsp would hurt if you feel the cocci is severe... offer it al their only source of drinking water for 5 days in a row... the repeat after 2 weeks. When treatment is totally finished restore their B vitamins by giving a waterer with 1 tablespoon of ACV per gallon of water and a separate fresh water.

Since Corid is so safe, it would be best to go with the severe outbreak dose, and use 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

Since Corid works by blocking coccidia of thiamine, eliminate any supplemental use of poultry vitamins containing thiamine, as that would work against the Corid. In addition, ensure the Corid medicated water, is the only water the birds have access to. Critically Ill birds can be given undilute Corid, for a boost.
Thank you, for a jump start on my sick rooster, how much should I give him with a syringe? Not sure he is drinking on his own

Thank you, for a jump start on my sick rooster, how much should I give him with a syringe? Not sure he is drinking on his own

Just mix some of the powder, in with a little bit of water, and drip a few drops along his beak, or pull down his wattles, and directly dose the syringe in the right side of his mouth. If your Rooster continues not to drink, he will need to have fluids, either via a gavage, or IV/SQ done by a vet.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Have you confirmed your bird/s have Cocciosisis or are you just treating them because you think they have it? Generally, older birds don't have problems with Coccidiosis.

Thank you very much for your prompt responses, I was in a bit of a panic, had the corid from the feed store but directions were for calves on the package. I do not have access to test for coccidia; but based on feces color and consistency, this is what the feed store
recommended.
My birds are only 10 months old. Need to research whabbbeen t caused this. Rooster is a little better today, standing and crowing, eating a little. Have corid water in syringe to him 2x a day to make sure he is getting it. Just read the article about how to do this, we were doing it wrong but he did not aspirate so I think we are ok, will do the correct way tonight. Keeping him in a warm barn and tomorrow think we will let him go in the run with the girls, he can stand in the crate we have him in but I think he needs to walk around. Feces still has some loose yellow in in but this am had some more solid brown and some mushy green. Hoping we are on our way to recovery. Again, thank you! Debra

Back
Top Bottom