Property Line Trees...Who would have thought a neighbor would do this?

So the saga continues, the husband, came over and approached my husband regarding the tree in question and incident that happened during the day. During their conversation, it seems that the wife told him that I "yelled" at her and that she cried the rest of the afternoon. (Can you see where this is going?) So, yup instead of her being the offender or perpetrator the focus was put on me as being aggressive and unreasonable. Wow.

The husband also said,"Well if you end up wanting the tree down I have already paid for it." It turns out that the tree service billed them for the second contract that was arranged in her home. He also dropped, "Well if the tree falls on their property you will be liable." (Another threat to get what they want by intimidation - I believe.)

Yesterday, my husband went out and found the property marker and the stone wall on the side of the property to find out that about 90% of the tree at the base is on our property. There is one limb that reaches over there property.

I was on the way out to teach a lesson and I saw the husband on the front lawn, I pulled over and said,"How is my neighbor today?" (My small,awkward attempt at being somewhat friendly - after all we have been pretty good neighbors). "I just wanted to let you know that I would like to stop by and talk to XXXX about the situation."

"Oh I think she would like that." Again, like she is the damaged soul. Wait a minute she was solely responsible for how she felt - I had nothing to do with that.
barnie.gif
It felt really good - at least he is aware that my husband and I are well aware of their deceipt (bringing the guy in and contracting him on the side)- I let him know that and how it made me feel. That I was put in a really horrible position and was really hurt and offended by her decision. I remember saying,"It was 20 feet to avoid this all - 20 feet she could have walked over and talked to me and this all could have been avoided."

Sadly, it won't be the same b/c their true hearts were revealed. They wanted the down from the beginning and eventually saw that through- even at the expense of a neighbor. I feel sad for them...but it was of their own doing.

Positive side - my ducklings come home today
wee.gif

If it falls onto their property,I don't think you'd be responsible it's"an act of god" so they say.
most decent tree companies would have talked to both parties if a tree was in question of being shared.
Lesson learned about a "handshake deal" those days are gone.Honesty and intedgrity mean nothing to most people who are greedy.People lie,cheat and steal then share a bench with you on Sunday.
"love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe" Will

Im glad i dont have any neighbors on either side of us. Well we do but they are far away and you cant make out if they are male of female when you do see them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom