protective shirt

WordBug

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
I have a chicken victim on my hands. One chicken is getting horribly pecked. They have actually pecked her flesh bloody to the point that she has a chunk of missing flesh. I separated her so she could heal then slowly moved her back, but the keep at her. For whatever reason, she wants to be with them. I was browsing the chicken sweater threads thinking that it might help her to be covered.
Two questions:
Do you think it will help? (Might as well try, right?)
Does anyone have a pattern that will extend securely to her tail feathers? I can crochet but not well. I'm half wondering if yarn is the best choice anyway- maybe lightweight cloth would be better?

Years ago, we went on a field trip to a chicken farm. They would put red dye on each chick to prevent pecking--theory is that, if one is bloody, then they'll all peck the bloody one; make them all look bloody and no one gets picked on. You could try a spot of dye on all the others?

I have a chicken victim on my hands. One chicken is getting horribly pecked. They have actually pecked her flesh bloody to the point that she has a chunk of missing flesh. I separated her so she could heal then slowly moved her back, but the keep at her. For whatever reason, she wants to be with them. I was browsing the chicken sweater threads thinking that it might help her to be covered.
Two questions:
Do you think it will help? (Might as well try, right?)
Does anyone have a pattern that will extend securely to her tail feathers? I can crochet but not well. I'm half wondering if yarn is the best choice anyway- maybe lightweight cloth would be better?
Have you tried Blue Kote or Fresh Eggs Daily's natural blue kote?http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2013/10/diy-anti-pick-antibacterial-blu-kote.html If they see red, they go for it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom