protein and nutrients.

chicklover 1998

Songster
Sep 30, 2015
Oskaloosa,Ia
What percentages of protein and nutrients would I get from having equal parts black oil sunflower seeds, whole corn, and whole oats? I'm using them as a filler for my chicken feed and want to know how much soybean meal I need to add I know soybean meal is about 48 percent protein but don't know what the others contain.

Unless you know how to properly make Chicken feed so the diet is nutritional for your birds?
Premade diets are made to cover all your Chickens needs, from starter, grower too layer feed...Fooling around with homemade diets can cause egg production to fail, not to mention organ problems...

Good luck...

Unless you know how to properly make Chicken feed so the diet is nutritional for your birds?
Premade diets are made to cover all your Chickens needs, from starter, grower too layer feed...Fooling around with homemade diets can cause egg production to fail, not to mention organ problems...

Good luck...

x2. If you want natural chickens, buy some Junglefowl and move to Asia. Modern chickens are not designed to be fed a home mix; they were created on the very careful balance of a commercial diet and should stay that way. I've seen birds who were fed on a home mix, culled them and seen their organs - it's not pretty.

Last edited:
I know that premade diets are easier, and I know how much a proper diet is important, I am working with a feed mill rep he can make any mix I want and be able to add the nutrients that may be lacking, I want to have equal parts of the 3 grains at about 20 lb a peice for a 200lb order, I just need to tell him what percentages I want in the feed, I also want to have it at about 20% protein, because at 16 percent I have feather pickers and gamebird is too high at 24%. Just looking for someone who can tell me the percentages of nutrients that a mix of just those 3 would give me.

Back
Top Bottom