Proud Chicken Mama

KCalhoun

Chirping
Jun 8, 2020
20200609_142025.jpg

Being new to chickens and raising all my kiddos from babies, yall can imagine how happy I am to finally hear some of my Roosters start to try and crow!!!
But today, Rocky, my Barred Rock was in a temp pen and he started to crow (well it was more of a funny sound!!!) He did it about 4 or 5 times and I was so proud of him!!! My big boy is growing up!!! I think he "crowed" today because I told him I was getting him 4 ladies Thursday (of course they will only be 4 days old!!!) but today was the first time he has even tried. Rocky is my rescue rooster!! He was actually heading to the frying pan where he was and I couldn't see that happen. I think he was about 4 maybe 5 weeks old when I got him (on Mother's Day) and he was fully feathered. I put him by himself in a pen so he gets ALOT of attention and yes he is spoiled!!!!
I could go on and on about this sweet man but I won't!!! But I did want to boost about him a little and I knew y'all would understand my excitement!!!
Thanks for letting me brag!!!!

View attachment 2186115
Being new to chickens and raising all my kiddos from babies, yall can imagine how happy I am to finally hear some of my Roosters start to try and crow!!!
But today, Rocky, my Barred Rock was in a temp pen and he started to crow (well it was more of a funny sound!!!) He did it about 4 or 5 times and I was so proud of him!!! My big boy is growing up!!! I think he "crowed" today because I told him I was getting him 4 ladies Thursday (of course they will only be 4 days old!!!) but today was the first time he has even tried. Rocky is my rescue rooster!! He was actually heading to the frying pan where he was and I couldn't see that happen. I think he was about 4 maybe 5 weeks old when I got him (on Mother's Day) and he was fully feathered. I put him by himself in a pen so he gets ALOT of attention and yes he is spoiled!!!!
I could go on and on about this sweet man but I won't!!! But I did want to boost about him a little and I knew y'all would understand my excitement!!!
Thanks for letting me brag!!!!
Yay!!! I’m glad you got to hear him crow. It is pretty funny to hear them first start out. They do sound like young boys finding their voices lol. Thank you for rescuing him, that is awesome!

Back
Top Bottom