Proud Mama of a new puppy! New Pics added weekly :-)

We just got a bloodhound puppy! Her name is Sophie! We found her out on the high way all alone. The vet said she was only about 4 weeks old then, now she's almost 9 weeks and happy as can be!

We just got a bloodhound puppy! Her name is Sophie! We found her out on the high way all alone. The vet said she was only about 4 weeks old then, now she's almost 9 weeks and happy as can be!
aww she is so cute! i use to have a bloodhound he was my dads k9 dog for work. but she is so so cute youre so lucky.

you should try scent training with her i bet shed be good at that and its fun. i remember with my dads dog we would go to the lake and the lake had woods and me and my brothers would go hide in the woods and my dads dog would go find us.

you could put something like a treat thats smelly on or in one of her toys and hide it somewhere so she has to go sniff and find it and when she finds it you praise her and could give her a treat just until you guys figure out what you want her to scent.

hi its been so long since you last posted any pictures. how is sammy doing? do you have any new pictures? has he gotten huge?
aghhh sorry! Summer flew by and I forgot about his thread I started! Sammy's almost as tall as Alex now, but not quite as long or tall or heavy yet. He's 9 months old now and ~45 lbs. He finished Basic Obedience, but wasn't ready for intermediate we were told. He was so anxious by the car ride, then the class was held in our local pet store (ahh those smells sure got him excited!) and he'd pee and poop on the floor each time. He's so excitable and has submission peeing issues, so we decided to have him get used to car rides being fun times (summertime ice cream treats, Italian Ice trips, and Dunkin Donuts Visits sure did help that!) and then I'm working on heeling, really long sit/stays, down/stays at home with him. We made a 60 ft long lead out of a roofing rope and let him run like a crazy banshee out in our back yard with Alex...then call really loudly "Sammy, come!" and he's getting better and better at coming like you have ice cream for him or something....I still do give him a treat and tons of praise for these really nice recalls.
He won't get huge we know now...we still don't know what all breeds are in him....we will sign up for intermediate obedience for the social aspect this Fall or Winter....He's got to be less anxious, more snappy with his responses to our requests for him to sit, down, off, heel, etc.....but he's improving...We lost our really old cat (his friend) in June, so in August, I bought a kitten. They are getting more comfortable around each other everyday...I have him in a down/stay, and she tiptoes around him and he just stays there watching her....so soon, they'll be playing and buddies! so these pics are all from August- with Alex, at the shelter's adoption reunion picnic, and checking Sophia the kitten out... <3

Back
Top Bottom