Pseudo Brooder Heater 'Plate'

I was also looking at the
Producer's Pride Brooder And Coop Heater. I liked that it had the coop heater too. And it is $40 which is only $5 more than the sunbeam heating pad.

I've been going back & forth on them. I think those will be the last thing i buy since i can't seem to make up my mind!!
I was able to buy the 12”x24” Sunbeam one for $28 three weeks ago from Amazon. One thing I’ve noticed with Amazon is if you look at an item repeatedly the price goes up. Occasionally I will stick an item in my cart and leave it there until the price drops down (if I have the time to wait on it).

I was nervous about using the mama heating pad instead of something “made for chickens”, but I purchased the pad and tested it out (without the chicks) for 24 hours figuring I could always return it if it didn’t work. It did work beautifully and my chicks are currently enjoying it right now!

I just have it covered with an old dishtowel that I will just replace as needed. I decided not to use press’n’seal as I have noticed that when you heat press’n’seal it tends to leave behind a sticky residue. The dish towels seem to be doing its job. However, if the cover gets dirty it does come off for washing.

Here are some photos, pretty much the same as @aart ’s.

FDDC73E4-8E10-462D-8966-4032C8C17907.jpeg 00E969C7-90A4-4EA7-9C6B-9225A3D36292.jpeg 115BB350-1AAE-49D5-BEDF-3FB654CA482B.jpeg 0769E41D-AFAC-46E0-B9DF-5D94B285496B.jpeg

I was able to buy the 12”x24” Sunbeam one for $28 three weeks ago from Amazon. One thing I’ve noticed with Amazon is if you look at an item repeatedly the price goes up. Occasionally I will stick an item in my cart and leave it there until the price drops down (if I have the time to wait on it).

I was nervous about using the mama heating pad instead of something “made for chickens”, but I purchased the pad and tested it out (without the chicks) for 24 hours figuring I could always return it if it didn’t work. It did work beautifully and my chicks are currently enjoying it right now!

I just have it covered with an old dishtowel that I will just replace as needed. I decided not to use press’n’seal as I have noticed that when you heat press’n’seal it tends to leave behind a sticky residue. The dish towels seem to be doing its job. However, if the cover gets dirty it does come off for washing.

Here are some photos, pretty much the same as @aart ’s.

View attachment 1638480 View attachment 1638481 View attachment 1638482 View attachment 1638483

I really like the idea of using the wire rack on two blocks wood. It looks pretty easy to make.

Where did you get your tote?

Back
Top Bottom