Pueblo Grande prefab coop

3x4 coop isn't the worst size for 4 hens... I'm glad you got one of the bigger prefabs as it does give you more options. If in the future you want to add more birds, you could potentially turn this whole thing into a coop to accommodate more birds.

Fixes:
- I'd redo the roosts - take out the ones that come included and run a single bar about 12" off the floor or so, so they're a bit higher than the nest boxes.
- Add more ventilation. The inside wall is a great place for adding more ventilation that will be protected by the roof overhang.

When I mentioned the cheap softwood fir hubby suggested eating the cost and just getting a nice cedar one made by a local place.

Which I had thought would be better in the first place... d'oh!

When I mentioned the cheap softwood fir hubby suggested eating the cost and just getting a nice cedar one made by a local place.

Which I had thought would be better in the first place... d'oh!

If you haven't put yours together yet, and it's a hassle to return, I bet you could sell it pretty quick.

I have happy news with my coop dilemma! Husband was all for getting a new coop. We will use the old one for babies next time, because let's face it, there is always a next time with chickens! We are now having a local builder come out and build a beautiful Carolina Coop copycat at 1/3 of the price of an actual Carolina Coop, and this one is built with much better materials!! And the best part is it can be built next weekend!

I have happy news with my coop dilemma! Husband was all for getting a new coop. We will use the old one for babies next time, because let's face it, there is always a next time with chickens! We are now having a local builder come out and build a beautiful Carolina Coop copycat at 1/3 of the price of an actual Carolina Coop, and this one is built with much better materials!! And the best part is it can be built next weekend!
Hooray!

Back
Top Bottom