Pueblo Grande prefab coop

I am putting the feeders outside, tube style. The dimensions of the coop part itself, just where they roost, is about 3 feet by 4 feet. We cut into one of the panels on the "run" that it came with to make a big open space. The run that we built is predator proof x100.
The coop will be fine until the hens reach their full size. Once they are full sized, you will be a bit pressed for space. You can make the call whether or not to expand the coop. Having the feeder and waterer tube style will certainly help you save space. The run is great! You won't have to change that for quite a while, even if you get more birds.

Very frustrating in the link the company has not one single spec sheet.

I am putting the feeders outside, tube style. The dimensions of the coop part itself, just where they roost, is about 3 feet by 4 feet. We cut into one of the panels on the "run" that it came with to make a big open space. The run that we built is predator proof x100.

Thank you for the actual dimensions.

As you already know 3'x4' is super tiny. ;)

It looks to be the same super soft wood other prefabs are made from. To test its wood in an inconspicuous spot press your thumbnail. If it makes a mark easily that wood is to soft to resist predators and is (like other prefabs) going to be prone to warping and weather damage.

I might get my husband to enclose part of it for some more space if he is up to it. He has also caught chicken fever and watches YouTube now for all kinds of chicken ideas:p

Very frustrating in the link the company has not one single spec sheet.

Thank you for the actual dimensions.

As you already know 3'x4' is super tiny. ;)

It looks to be the same super soft wood other prefabs are made from. To test its wood in an inconspicuous spot press your thumbnail. If it makes a mark easily that wood is to soft to resist predators and is (like other prefabs) going to be prone to warping and weather damage.
Yes it is the dreaded soft fir. I have put some water seal on it to help it last, but we are in PNW and it rains, rains, rains. I might see if my husband will expand it and maybe clad it with a more durable wood.

Yes it is the dreaded soft fir. I have put some water seal on it to help it last, but we are in PNW and it rains, rains, rains. I might see if my husband will expand it and maybe clad it with a more durable wood.
I does the run that you built have a roof over part or all of it? If so, you could put the coop under a part with a roof to help with the rain issue.

Back
Top Bottom