Puerto Rico!!

Maite

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 9, 2011
Hi!
Born in Maine, spent my childhood in Georgia and am now living in PR. I live in the country and absolutely love it here. Just starting out on chickens and I wanted to see if the were any fellow Pricans or peeps living or visiting the island to share gardening and chicken info. The books on gardening I find don't take into account Caribbean weather.
Anyway just wanted to put the thread out there unless there's already a PR thread started (my connection is slo and my patience thin lol)
Oh and if you've visited the island post some pix, I will soon as soon I get my post count up
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

My parents visited PR some years ago in the 70's and they loved it there. The pictures they brought back were awesome!

Also my favorite breed of horses were from PR, one of the best gaited. Paso Finos. the old lines, not the new lines.

Hey!!! I'm not from PR, but I am from CA and I plan to move to St. Croix at the end of the year! We can be "nearly neighbors" and share the same weather and what not. Do you have an incubator, or know how to hatch eggs? I can send you some AWESOME eggs to hatch!

We have a very strong Paso Fino tradition, around where I live there's a lot of horse traffic. Specially on the weekends!

I'm only just starting with my first 6 chicks, so I don't have any experience hatching yet. But if you have an e-mail contact I will save it for future reference
smile.png
I have an Aunt living in St Croix and she says it's beautiful, I plan on visiting in August. What makes your eggs awesome? I wish I had an incubator
hmm.png

I have a lot of breeds, nice orpingtons, copper black marans, olive eggers, ameraucanas, blue laced red wyandottes, mottled javas, coronation sussex, silkies, showgirls, easter eggers, just good looking birds, some with crazy cool colored eggs.

Quote:
Oh that would be lovely!! but I need to get the hang of things first
big_smile.png
, if your moving to St Croix def keep in touch. Is there a friend system here or a contacts?
Anyway I'm addicted to the site so we'll be seeing each other around LOL

click on my name, and then at my profile, go down to Buddy, and click add to buddy list. I added you. (the first one in three years, and 6k posts! You are special! LOL)

Back
Top Bottom