Puffy Faced Turkey help?

LisaKidder

In the Brooder
Dec 15, 2015
IN,USA
one of my turkeys started getting a puffy face n it only getting worse i tried treating with Pennchlor 64 400mg in water for about 14 days now n still not looking better i need help figureing out what i should give her shes young about 5-6lbs at most i ended up giving her a steam bath today n cleaned her up cause she got into something n it wouldn`t come off without a bath x.x
She is puffy under her eyes n it feels like its air not liquid but it makes her face all swollen

one of my turkeys started getting a puffy face n it only getting worse i tried treating with Pennchlor 64 400mg in water for about 14 days now n still not looking better i need help figureing out what i should give her shes young about 5-6lbs at most i ended up giving her a steam bath today n cleaned her up cause she got into something n it wouldn`t come off without a bath x.x

She is puffy under her eyes n it feels like its air not liquid but it makes her face all swollen

Welcome to BYC! Can you post a picture?

-Kathy

Yes, a picture would be nice. Respiratory diseases can cause swelling in the face around the eyes. MG is common in turkeys and other poultry. It may respond to Tylan or oxyteracycline. There are other problems that can cause a swollen head in turkeys.

LL
sorry for late reply heres pictures

added pictures what do u guys think? x.x
Looks like it might be a sinus infection. If it is, you could try treating with Tylan. The amount of Tylan 50 I wold give a five pounder is 3ml orally twice a day. Turkeys are supposed to get 60 mg per pound per day and I think Tylan works best when given at least twice a day.

Are the lumps full of fluid or are they firm?

-Kathy

Disclaimer: I have no medical training.

Last edited:
the lumps are just air it feels like u can push on them n they arnt hard they like flabby but dont go away n ok tylan i uslay see says tylan 50 100mg is this the right one? or is it a lower mg one?

the lumps are just air it feels like u can push on them n they arnt hard they like flabby but dont go away n ok tylan i uslay see says tylan 50 100mg is this the right one? or is it a lower mg one?
Tylan 50 is 50 mg per one ml. The bottle I think has 100 ml's. If the sinus is full of air you should be able to push on it and the air will come out through her nostrils or the choanal slit in her maouth. If it is air, I'm not sure I would give her any Tylan.

-Kathy

the air dosent come out when u push it just makes her sneeze alot the person i got her from had her housed with chickens so i was trying to figure if it was just from chicken dander which gave her n infection or what im not sure hmmm idk im running out of ideas just as hopeing to figure what to give her to help

Try this... Have someone hold her while you look inside her mouth. Locate the choanal slit which is on the roof of her mouth, then press on the lumps and see if any liquid oozes from the slit.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom