Pullet having seizures???

rockin_chick32

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
My poor pullet keeps having seizure-like tantrums. When ever she is nervous, she starts pacing, bobbing up and down, hitting her head against the wall, and lifting her foot over her head.

She was raised alone as her brothers/sisters did not hatch. She is now three months old, and these tantrums seem to be getting worse and worse.

Is there anything I can do to help her? Or can I only watch, and prey she get better?

Thank you for your time and help.

What breed is she?

I would suggest getting some polyvisol vitamins and giving her 3 drops a day for a week. Then wean her to 1 drop a day the second week.

Is she a crested breed? Could she have gotten knocked on the head somehow?

No, she is a O.E. mixed with a Mille Fluer D'Uccle. At first I thought it was Wry-neck too, but she isn't acting like my silkie did when she had it...

However, yesterday, we put in a 6-week-old with her, and it started to peck her head. Also, When she hatched, She did get rejected by her mother and pecked HARD on her head. She has acted this way a little, but recently has gotten worse, fast.

I will try that, though. Whatever I can do, I will try.

Last edited:
I wonder if it could be head dammage. Especially if mum ppecked her before her head bone was hard. Hm. Good Luck. Yeah I bet the 'friend' will help if said friend isnt so mean.

Okay. It is so hard to watch a creature like this, knowing that you don't know how to take care of it. I hope it works, and Thank you so very much for your help and time<3

Your Welcome. I know I hate that too. I hope she gets better.

Welcome to BYC
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom