Pullet is very lethargic and skinny

I was thinking either ACV or colloidal silver because I’ve got them on hand, but I don’t know if she’d be able to keep them down or not.

What is her age? And what is her diet? She is going to suffer from vitamin and essential nutrient deficiency the more time that goes on and she doesnt eat.

She only 'vomited' liquid because she was drinking excessive water. My hens do the same when they can feel something is blocking and they try to flush themselves. Excessive water consumption is a symptom of worms also for my flock, i automatically treat worms on the spot when a hen is puffy, lethargic, tired, and drinking excessive water.

After ruling out worms, she is probably suffering from another gastrointestinal blockage. Could be viral gastritis, bacterial gastritis, egg bound, grass blockage, inflammation of liver, cancer, sour crop, etc. But since worms is very possible, either a test for worms or dewormer medicine is really necessary.

Her molting feathers is also very draining of her vitamins and nutrients. She may need supplements like iron, folic and B-complex vitamins. For example i feed liver or fish sometimes for chickens that are starving of nutrients.
I’m almost 100% sure she has sour crop, her crop is mushy and gurgling, and her beak and head smell strongly like yeast. It has already been stated that she is ten months old. She’s on All-Flock pellets. I don’t want to feed her anything because of her crop issue.

It has felt mushy and full since this morning, so it hasn’t emptied yet, unfortunately.

If you are going to treat sour crop, probably take her food and water away until tomorrow morning, and see if the crop goes down. Put her to bed early in her own crate and check it in the morning.

What treatment you give may depend on who else can recommend something.

I like to try acv, salt, oregano, etc but i dont treat much sour crop, only impacted.

Back
Top Bottom