Pullet is very lethargic and skinny

Do you have deworming medication? Worms cause weight loss and eventually death if untreated. If it is worms, a single treatment can end the infestation.
Sorry for the late reply. I don’t have my birds on any dewormers at the current moment. Do you have any recommendations of what dewormers to use?

I just took her down to the house to see if she would eat anything, as soon as I set her back down she vomited up clear liquid, and pooped almost 100% yellow liquid. I’m gonna check her vent to see if she’s egg bound.

Because she vomited up the liquid, do I need to be massaging it out of her crop? Although I’m really terrified she’s going to aspirate if I do that. She’s not doing too well, I’ve got her wrapped in a towel and she’s just sitting floofed up with her eyes closed.

Please post some photos of all of her and her poop.

Don't massage the crop if it's full of fluid, she can aspirate. Is she having any trouble breathing after the fluid came up?
I’ll get pics soon. She doesn’t seem to be having any breathing issues, she’s been sleeping so her breathing seems to just be deep sleepy breathing.

What is her age? And what is her diet? She is going to suffer from vitamin and essential nutrient deficiency the more time that goes on and she doesnt eat.

She only 'vomited' liquid because she was drinking excessive water. My hens do the same when they can feel something is blocking and they try to flush themselves. Excessive water consumption is a symptom of worms also for my flock, i automatically treat worms on the spot when a hen is puffy, lethargic, tired, and drinking excessive water.

After ruling out worms, she is probably suffering from another gastrointestinal blockage. Could be viral gastritis, bacterial gastritis, egg bound, grass blockage, inflammation of liver, cancer, sour crop, etc. But since worms is very possible, either a test for worms or dewormer medicine is really necessary.

Her molting feathers is also very draining of her vitamins and nutrients. She may need supplements like iron, folic and B-complex vitamins. For example i feed liver or fish sometimes for chickens that are starving of nutrients.

image.jpg
Please post some photos of all of her and her poop.

Don't massage the crop if it's full of fluid, she can aspirate. Is she having any trouble breathing after the fluid came up?
image.jpg

Here’s her most recent poop. It doesn’t smell at all. (I don’t know why the pic of her ended up in @Wyorp Rock’s message)

Back
Top Bottom