1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pullet laid an egg...while walking?!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 3chickchicks, Dec 18, 2013.

1. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    My dominique and my brahma both knew when they were going to lay and fussed over the nest first. My gold lace wyandotte was walking around the yard, kind of strained like she was going to poop and out popped her first egg. [​IMG] She didn't even stop to look at it and just kept on walking. What the what?!?!

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

I have not seen that before, better luck next time and I am sure
    she will get the hang of it in time [​IMG] ......

gander007

3. 3chickchicks

3chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2013
    N. Texas
    I hope so, gosh!

She's probably the "widest" out of all of them. Not fat, just her legs have always been further apart. The egg also had poo on it where as the others lay clean eggs. I'm going to ask her to fix that as well. [​IMG]

4. yogifink

yogifink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2013
    Pinebluff, nc
    My Coop
    Maybe she just had to walk it out, like when you've got to lift yer leg to let one out. LOL

1 person likes this.
  5. kingfrodo

kingfrodo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2013
    Enterprise, AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. One Chick Two

One Chick Two Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2013
    lol!
    We had one girl who had a secret nest... she'd jump upon my husband's outdoor workshed table when he wasn't around, then let an egg fly to the floor, behind the table, sandwiched between a few boxes. We caught her in the act after she'd torpedoed about 10 eggs. LOL

7. chicksurreal

chicksurreal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by