Pullet mounting 1 month duck

Thankfully you don't have it the other way round, as it can be way more dangerous. Bit if you can, it would be a good idea to separate the duck and the chickens. Some people can keep mixed flocks, but it usually requires a lot of space so that either species can get away
Can you, or anyone else, tell if the duck is a for sure female?

Yes, these are cockerels. This behavior can be observed with mixed chicken-duck flocks. It definitely can happen, especially when there are no females of the same species
Wow okay ! I’m in shock because I was told my EE was a forsure female :/ thank you again !

I cannot. But the cockerels can't either, most likely. Not that young cockerels really care, they'd mount anything in sight
I was wondering if the duck was going to start humping the chickens. That will not end well either.

I see a buff something running in the background. How many other birds do you have?

Are you sure?

Can you post picture of the other 7 not yet pictured?
I ask because it may be easier to figure out how you are going to handle 2 rooster while they are still young. Hopefully you won't have to figure out what to do with more but it will be better to know sooner rather than find out when they are beating each other up.

Back
Top Bottom