Pullet or Cockerel - 8 week old EE

mrose

Hatching
May 30, 2023
We have 4 easter eggers that are supposed to all be pullets. I have always been suspicious of one of them because she(?) has always been bigger and her comb grew in bigger than the others and is now starting to pink up as the others remain yellow. She also has red on her shoulders, but it still looks like a fairly even pattern throughout her body. She has always been the fastest to develop, she got her feathers first, which steered me away from thinking cockerel. Her comb started brightening (although I'm not sure it was quite pink until this week) around week 6. I tried waving a rag above their heads to see if they would squat or react to danger, and she definitely squatted and froze. I have two EEs that have the partridge brown coloring, and another that is redder like the one in question, but maybe not as deep red. I know 8 weeks is still too early to know for sure, especially with EEs, but I'd appreciate any speculations, or example pictures of your EE pullets and cockerels at the same age for comparison.
donna_comb.JPG
donna_comb2.JPG
donna_body.JPG

but I'd appreciate any speculations, or example pictures of your EE pullets and cockerels at the same age for comparison.
My cockerel EE

Attachments

• Birds.jpeg
    Birds.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 24
  • cockerel 1.jpg
    cockerel 1.jpg
    714.5 KB · Views: 23
  • cockerel.jpg
    cockerel.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 24

Back