Pullet or cockerel?

It’s really hard for me to tell on this one because of the solid color. Feathers make me think pullet, but comb makes me think cockerel. This one is very mean to all the others, so I’m going to find it a new flock either way
My Ameraucana at that age still had a really pale and small comb, but she did also take a century to lay (9 months!!). The solid feather color on this one makes it harder to sex because a lot of time with Easter eggers you can tell by their feather pattern! So just going by the redness of the comb I’m still going to say cockerel…

This is the comb of my Ameraucana at around 13-14 weeks old
5FE68E5B-2BEB-4721-9DF9-71B875634D7B.png

He’s very aggressive towards the others. So unfortunately he can’t stay in my flock
Yup, he's a goner.
I've got a group of 11-12 week old cockerels at the moment. One of them I've named D**khead because he's front and center every time I open their coop door, and can't wait to bite me as I reach for the waterer or feed bucket.

This one's a tricky one. The solid color makes it hard to see starting saddle and hackle feathers. Comb indicates cockerel, so I'm going to say cockerel, but only for now. Post again in 1-2 weeks

If this one is a pullet, it’s very aggressive, it starts fights with all the others, so either way it’s going to be moving flocks
His 'aggressiveness' is first mating attempts. A cockerel for sure.
You might have difficulty trying to rehome this guy due to his very crooked toes.

Would be a cull if he was mine as I would not want him to injure my hens trying to mate (he will have difficulties to grab and hold on to their wings) and I would definitely not want any of his offspring.

Back
Top Bottom