Pullet or Roo Easter egger

There are about 3 weeks apart in age. That another reason I’m having a harder time. I’ll post more pics. Appreciate the help 😊

The one in back has big, chunky legs plus the large comb. No doubt he is a cockerel.

It would help to see a photo of the other one's comb/wattles. Judging by the difference in the thickness of its legs compared to the other, I think it is probably a pullet.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpeg
    IMG_0909.jpeg
    417 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    407.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0908.jpeg
    IMG_0908.jpeg
    688.8 KB · Views: 17
Thank you for your detailed response, everything I read online says EE are pretty hard to sex. But I was thinking the back one is leaning towards roo.. peacomb turned pretty red early. Was hoping for at least one pullet but that’s the name of the game.
In the newer photos, I notice that the younger one has a single comb, while the older one has a pea comb.

Once I noticed that, it is much easier to be sure which chick is which in the photos.

Based on the comb and wattles, and the feather color as well, I will say "maybe male" for the younger one. I'm not certain either direction, but leaning more toward male than female. I think that one is just going to need more time before it is really clear.

2 Cockerels in my opinion, both don't show any sign of a consistent pattern for female, and our EE's never produced a comb or wattles at that age and size.
I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Front one is a girl. She is most probably Production Red, not EE.
I agree the color look different. Possibly different breed.. these are them shortly after i got them. Still think production red? The smallest one is the one in question

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0923.jpeg
    IMG_0923.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 11
The baby color is off for Rhode Island Red, or New Hampshire, but on the other side Production red is not very standardized bird, so some variations can be expected.
The bird in question has single comb, yellow legs and uniform reddish plumage, which is too much far for EE.
If you got it from hatchery, or Farm store like TSC, call it Production red.
If you bought it from person, or hatched it yourself, call it mixed breed.
Will be nice looking hen anyway.

The baby color is off for Rhode Island Red, or New Hampshire, but on the other side Production red is not very standardized bird, so some variations can be expected.
The bird in question has single comb, yellow legs and uniform reddish plumage, which is too much far for EE.
If you got it from hatchery, or Farm store like TSC, call it Production red.
If you bought it from person, or hatched it yourself, call it mixed breed.
Will be nice looking hen anyway.
Thank you!! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom