Pullet or roo

I am new to this. Was wondering if anybody knew the sex and what type of chickens these are?
[/URL] barred rock

this one has me stumped. It looks like a Polish mix.

probably black sex links

could be an Australorp, could be a black sex link, could be a mixed breed.
barred rock

I am a first time chicken owner and I need help telling the sex of these two chicks I have been raising for a about a month. One is 8 weeks old the other is 5 going off of when they were said to have hatched. The feed store selling the first one guarantees all females and the second one only said 95% certainly. Thank you

They both look to be roosters.
smile.png

The one you said had you stumped "I was told was a Silkie Bantam hybrid. I have two they are the ones I started with.

@KCAmother17

#1 looks like a Barred Rock Pullet
#2 Looks like a Silkie mix Hen
#3 look like Black Sex-link pullets
#4 (from left to right) Black Australorp probably pullet, Black Sex-link pullet, Black Sex-link pullet, Barre Rock or Black Sex-link cockerel
#5 Black Australorp Pullet
#6 Barred Rock or Black Sex-link cockerel.

Could you get better pictures of #5 and #6?

Last edited:
@KCAmother17

Of those last 4 photos, the bird on the far left in the nest box in the first one looks to be a cockerel because it has an obvious red comb but it's much easier to identify them from an individual profile shot of each bird in good natural light. The barred bird in the second and fourth photo is also a cockerel. The lighter barring, developed pink comb and huge thick shanks all scream male to me. The third photo isn't clear enough to make a judgement.

Looks like you got your wish then if you are wanting him to be male.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom