Pullet or Roo?

Emily1234

Chirping
Jan 31, 2022
Hey awesome chicken peeps!! I was given some eggs for my momma hen to hatch and a few babies have me STUMPED, this one in particular! It’s solid black and has a little Mohawk! It’s also VERY skittish and flighty! Roo or Pullet? It’s 8 weeks old will be 9 weeks in 3 days!
55DAAC52-A7CF-4A60-916D-54778CD5F5B9.jpeg
F6BBFCB0-5A1C-4955-A2D6-A9C8DC849452.jpeg

I am leaning towards pullet but crested birds are not my specialty, hopefully someone with a little more experience can give you a definite answer.
Thankyou!! That gives me a little hope!🙌🏼 I’m going try and snap pics of the others later on and post to see if anyone can help with them too!

It looks like my legbar sex links so I'm going to vote female!

Edit to clarify: legbar crossed with a solid non white rooster makes black sexlinks. Here's one of mine!
20220807_205601.jpg

The top one has a crest and a beard because I used a black ameraucana male over my legbar female. The bottom one is a different cross but still a sexlink. They have black feet just like yours too :)

It looks like my legbar sex links so I'm going to vote female!

Edit to clarify: legbar crossed with a solid non white rooster makes black sexlinks. Here's one of mine!
View attachment 3253954

The top one has a crest and a beard because I used a black ameraucana male over my legbar female. The bottom one is a different cross but still a sexlink. They have black feet just like yours too :)
Oh yay! I hope so!! Thankyou so much for explaining!!!

Back
Top Bottom