Pullet with poopy butt and....

Did you get it down her @MarkJr ?
I'm not one to pill a bird either, I mix whatever up with crumble and they chow it down.
Am also not one to 'medicate' quickly.

Since she free ranges, who know what she might have eaten to upset her system.
I'd get her on nothing but a good chicken ration and plain water for a few days and see what shows up.

When I have a bird that is acting 'off' I isolate bird in a wire cage within the coop for a day or two....so I can closely monitor their intake of food and water, crop function(checking at night and in morning before providing more feed), and their poops. Feel their abdomen, from below vent to between legs, for squishy or hard swelling. Check for external parasites or any other abnormalities.

Best to put crate right in coop or run so bird is still 'with' the flock.
I like to use a fold-able wire dog crate (24"L x 18"W x 21"H) with smaller mesh(1x2) on bottom of crate under tray.
Then you can put tray underneath crate to better observe droppings without it being stepped in. If smaller mesh is carefully installed, tray can still be used inside crate.

We got it down her. 4 arms and two heads were too many and not enough if you catch my drift.

She got off roost last again today. Wandered over after everyone was done eating for a bite. Then went over and layed down.

We got it down her. 4 arms and two heads were too many and not enough if you catch my drift.

She got off roost last again today. Wandered over after everyone was done eating for a bite. Then went over and layed down.
Glad you got it down her, but I'd still isolate to monitor her digestive system(as I described) for a few days.

Crammed her into isolation and fed only crumble. Trimmed her butt fuzz. She was kinda off for two days, then acting like normal.

Back
Top Bottom