Pullets or cockrels - Australorp

kerlau

In the Brooder
Jan 15, 2023
New to chickens and were told we were buying 5 Australorp pullets, born in July, from someone on a local backyard chicken board. Now not sure if pullets or Cockrels. All 5 look pretty similar, but if photos of each individually are necessary, please let me know.
20230115_141042.jpg

New to chickens and were told we were buying 5 Australorp pullets, born in July, from someone on a local backyard chicken board. Now not sure if pullets or Cockrels. All 5 look pretty similar, but if photos of each individually are necessary, please let me know. View attachment 3376350

Attachments

• 20230101_122925.jpg
    20230101_122925.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 11
I agree all look like pullets!
Yeah! Thank you!! We had a rooster that we reintroduced today, and each of the 5 challenged him, so we were thinking maybe they were Cockrels. Glad to say that they all settled in shortly, and appear to be doing fine. So happy to hear y’all think they’re pullets!

Pullets.

There are 2 13-week Australorp cockerels in this photo.
IMG_20230115_111226371_HDR.jpg

You can see the saddle feathers coming in on both of them and the big comb on the one who has his head up (ignore the Cochin hen, she's a gentle soul who hangs out with the chicks even though she's never been broody).

Pullets.

There are 2 13-week Australorp cockerels in this photo.
View attachment 3376407

You can see the saddle feathers coming in on both of them and the big comb on the one who has his head up (ignore the Cochin hen, she's a gentle soul who hangs out with the chicks even though she's never been broody).
Excellent! Thank you so much for the reference photo - this really helps. Ours should start laying soon, then? We were told they were born in July, so almost 6 months?

Back
Top Bottom