pullets or roos?

alleyg8or

Hatching
Apr 15, 2018
I am new to chickens, we just got 5 baby chicks that were anywhere for 3 days to 1 or 2 weeks when we got them. They were all supposed to be pullets (except the silkie who I wing sexed at 3 days old, so fingers crossed) but my husband questioned our Wyandotte maybe being a roo and I questioned 1 of our Barred Rocks being a roo. They are now anywhere from 5 to 7 weeks old. We have a Silkie (Athena), Ameraucana (Princess Lay-a), Golden laced Wyandotte (Goldie Hen), 2 Barred Rocks (Dixie Chick) and (Dolly or Elvis) depending on if that one turns out to be a roo or hen.
athena1.jpg

athena2.jpg

Athena the silkie
princess laya1.jpg
princess laya2.jpg

Princess Lay-a the Ameraucana
goldie hen1.jpg
goldie hen3.jpg

Goldie Hen the Wyandotte this is the one my husband thinks might be a roo also... I hope not she is my sons favorite and it is illegal for us to have a roo in the city :(
dixie chick1.jpg

dixie chick2.jpg

Dixie Chick 1 of the Barred Rocks (the one closest to my hand)
elvis or dolly2.jpg

elvis or dolly1.jpg

Elvis or Dolly depending on roo or hen the 2nd Barred Rock. The reason I thought in the beginning that this was a roo is because it has developed faster than the other and the comb and waddles have been pinkish since the 2nd week we had him/her. Now I'm thinking it could have just be a faster developing hen?

Beautiful pullets, looks like you have a "Paint silkie." I believe there is a silkie thread regarding "Paints." You have some lovely chicks.

yay! you guys just put a smile my sons face :D glad that so far most of you think they are all pullets :thumbsup
and I love my little silkies' colors. I don't know if she is a paint or not but I will do some research. I got lucky with her I guess she was all white and dull as a 3 day old chick now she is white gray and black :p

Back
Top Bottom