Pumpkin Muffins

Athena

Songster
11 Years
Jul 21, 2008
Balad, Iraq (home is Ga & Fl)
This recipe is from the Georgia Agricultural page...

http://agr.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,38902732_0_124770761,00.html

sound yummy, and perfect for this fall season..

2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 cup mashed pumpkin, fresh or canned
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup raisins, optional
1 cup chopped Georgia pecans, optional
1/4 cup sugar, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom of muffin pans.

Combine eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter in large mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in raisins and pecans, if desired. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle sugar on top of each muffin, if desired.

Bake 18 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen muffins.

That recipe does sound yummy, Athena. I'm looking forward to trying it.

I'm thinking some chocolate chips (substituted for the raisins and pecans) could make a decadent addition, too...

Thanks for sharing !

This recipe is from the Georgia Agricultural page...

http://agr.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,38902732_0_124770761,00.html

sound yummy, and perfect for this fall season..

2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 cup mashed pumpkin, fresh or canned
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup raisins, optional
1 cup chopped Georgia pecans, optional
1/4 cup sugar, optional

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottom of muffin pans.

Combine eggs, milk, pumpkin and butter in large mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in raisins and pecans, if desired. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle sugar on top of each muffin, if desired.

Bake 18 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 dozen muffins.
Always looking for Pumpkin Muffin recipes this time of year.

droolin.gif
thank you for the recipe.

Your welcome, i love pumpkin just about anyway but in a pie, well I still like the pumpkin but not the crust.
smile.png
Whenever I make pumpkin pie, I always have some of the filling left over after filling the crusts. I put it in buttered ramkins and bake it up.
One year my sister, her husband and her 2 kids came for Thanksgiving. Come time for pie after the meal and her daughter says no, I don't like pie crust, so I served her up her own personal pumkin pie /no crust with real whipped cream on top. Needless to say, I was the best aunt ever! She consumed all three of them by the end of the day. :)

The baked pumpkin pie in the ramkins also makes a great dip for ginger cookies and graham crackers.

Whenever I make pumpkin pie, I always have some of the filling left over after filling the crusts. I put it in buttered ramkins and bake it up.
One year my sister, her husband and her 2 kids came for Thanksgiving. Come time for pie after the meal and her daughter says no, I don't like pie crust, so I served her up her own personal pumkin pie /no crust with real whipped cream on top. Needless to say, I was the best aunt ever! She consumed all three of them by the end of the day. :)

The baked pumpkin pie in the ramkins also makes a great dip for ginger cookies and graham crackers.
Sounds yummy, thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom