Pumpkin seeds for worming?

I just logged in to see if I could give my birds (RSL & RIR) squash seeds. After reading this post, I put the fresh, raw seeds in the blender with some milk & added masa & their feed to thicken it and they are going to TOWN on it, spattering it all over each other! The RIR's in particular seem to like the larger seeds that didn't get pulverized (but they are a little bigger than the RSL).
yippiechickie.gif

They have no health problems (knock on wood).

Quote:
Which would suggest that pumpkin seeds, tasty as they are, don't kill or prevent worms.

Quote:
That's really funny. Hope I don't get in trouble for saying that. I got a warning the last time I said something was funny.
As to the pumpkin seed question: that along with DE, cayenne pepper, vinegar, etc is hocum as far as I'm concerned. If someone can show me a real scientifically run study supporting the eficacy of any of them I'll cheerfully admit I was wrong.

They cant show scientific studies that all that stuff kills worms....because they dont. Here's what kills worms: Valbazen (albendazole) is the best....no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload neither.
http://healthybirds.umd.edu/Disease/Deworming Birds.pdf

Quote:
That's really funny. Hope I don't get in trouble for saying that. I got a warning the last time I said something was funny.
As to the pumpkin seed question: that along with DE, cayenne pepper, vinegar, etc is hocum as far as I'm concerned. If someone can show me a real scientifically run study supporting the eficacy of any of them I'll cheerfully admit I was wrong.

They cant show scientific studies that all that stuff kills worms....because they dont. Here's what kills worms: Valbazen (albendazole) is the best....no need to worry about toxic dead worm overload neither.
http://healthybirds.umd.edu/Disease/Deworming Birds.pdf

Is Ivomec the brand name for Valbazen (albendazole), or different stuff entirely?

They don't KILL worms, they paralyze them to prevent further worms and get rid of the paralyzed ones.

Also the seeds need to be whole and raw. Not fried. Not cooked. Not removed of the shell. You can chop 'em up but don't discard the shell.

Last edited:
Quote:
Refer me to a scientifically conducted study supporting this.

I really don't like when everything is being questioned all of the time on here. Why? As soon as anyone posts anything to show proof then it's knocked down again because someone will question if they are the ones who are selling the product so that does not count or the FDA approves it but again it's because the studies were from the sellers. So it just causes arguments and does not solve anything and people don't learn anything from this type of questioning.
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom