Pumpkin??

But, since we are on the subject of pumpkins and chickens, might I ask if anyone actually gives pumpkin to their chickens as a treat? I have too much pumpkin in the garden, but was thinking the seeds are too big for them and the meat too firm.

ETA: chickens in place of chicks.
We give our girls fresh pumpkin this time of year! We just cut in half and give it to them cut side up. They love it!!!!! They eat everything except the skin and chase each other around trying to steal chunks from each other! Great fun!

There's no real research on the matter of whether pumpkin eliminates worms. However, you can feed pumpkin -- flesh, seeds, guts to chickens. If you're carving a halloween pumpkin, you have a perfect opportunity to give your girls the seeds. By the way, if you would like a template for a chicken jack-o-lantern, you can download one from our blog. http://bit.ly/2N6ditt

Attachments

• Chicken Jack-o-lantern.JPG
    Chicken Jack-o-lantern.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 4
I’ve battled tapeworms for years. I’ve tried all the methods both organically and chemically.. they always come back as I have wild birds that come to eat leftovers. Pumpkin is always a treat but I don’t have personal experience with it affecting the worm load. Happy to say that the worms have not been an issue for my ladies... it’s just some there live with

Back
Top Bottom