Puppies!!!

what are the puppies in? They should have a whelping box with "pig rails" that will help her not be laying on them.

Well, there has to be something else you can do for these pups. You have already lost 7. And the way it sounds, mom is just going to lay on and kill the last remaining puppies. I really hope you guys do something for the last 3. I would hate for them all to die...
hit.gif

lots of breeders take at least a week or so off work when they have a litter of pups so they can keep an eye on them. She isn't laying on them to KILL the pups, but because she just hasn't learned to be a good mom yet. Once the pups are 2-3 weeks old they will be able to move out of her way.

Well, when I found the last three still alive, she wasnt laying on them nearly as much, she was laying on her side more, trying to nurse them, she really was doing better. I will let you guys know how the last three are in the morning. All of you PLEASE pray that the last three make it, if they make it over night they may make it the rest of tue way. Anywho PLEASE PRAY!!!

shouldnt have to Pray...your mother had more than enough time to reserch what she needed to provide this dog

*sigh*
since whats done is done right now you need to make something to protect those last few pups.
get her in a stall or stable or proper whelping box and make rails for her, they can be anything from large dowl to pvc pipe, they need to be high enough and out from the sides enoughthat the pups can fit under them but momma cant roll them into corners/walls.

and please, if your mom is not willing to reserch this before hand and provide this female the things she needs to raise these puppies, the poor gal needs to be spayed because theres an awefull lot of other nasty things that can happen during pregnancy, labor, and raising a little (like mastitis)
loosing a pup is a horrible and in this case completly avoidable thing, but loosing all the pups and then potentially loosing momma too...thats just ridiculous

i hope thye make it and grow up to be lovely strong healthy dogs...
but i think without some additioanl help from their human family, your gonna be very lucky if they make it.
sad.png

Quote:
x2

Please just do something for these puppies. You have no idea how this thread has bothered me. I am a complete animal lover and I have even given a wild bird CPR and to see 7 puppies die out of a litter of 10 that could have easily been prevented is just rediculous. You guys knew she was going to have a litter and should have been more prepared. Please listen to bagendhens advise, these pups can't be saved without your help.

I am sorry if I sounded a little mad, I just hate to see this happen.

Sorry, but this thread really makes me angry. there is NO excuse to not provide a dog with a proper whelping box. It's very cheap to make one. Just use a 2x6 frame up on edge with a 2x4 screwed around the inside top edge. this provides the pups a safe place to crawl under so mom can't smash them. This costs MAYBE $15 at the most to make. I have raised many litters through the years and never lost a single one due to the mother squashing it. Either make provisions so the mom can't lay on those pups or take them from her. Prayer will do no good in this instance. God gave us the knowledge for us to help our animals and you are not using that knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom