Puppies!!!

Oh lordy people! First time mommas are always going to have something go wrong!
Our cat that was 2 years old had her first litter and only one made it.
Our Cocker Spaniel was bred when we got her none of them made it to 2 months of age. The person we got the Cocker was was supposeibly a breeder who cared about her dogs (Yeah right) that poor girl was basically skin and bones when we got her and her pups were born sooo small. Could we have done anything for her pups? Not really. She had them after we had her for 2 weeks.

It's really a Shame for all of you to be dumping this on a kid thats parents are to blame!

My guess is since the female was so young, the puppies were probabl weak from lack of milk . .

She would probably take much better care of puppies when she 3 years old or so ...

I am so sorry your parents are not more responsible, you should not have been criticised so harshly by board members.

ducklover1 said:
It's really a Shame for all of you to be dumping this on a kid thats parents are to blame![/

thanks for sticking up for me ducklover1

enola said:
you should not have been criticised so harshly by board members.

thank you too. i kinda just ignored it all, i didnt want to make a big fuss. so i ignored it all. well except when people said something about the puppie and about the mom that was "nice" and not to harsh.

thanks again.​

Last edited:
Yes, first time mother's can sometimes have problems. But in this case the dog was way to young, not properly nourished and had no good place where she felt safe to raise her pup's. The odd's were stacked against her from the start. With maturity, proper nutrition and proper accomodation's she may do much better.

Duckgirl89, she is a beautiful dog, pup is too! Maybe you can pass on some of the info here to your dad and see if you can talk him into not breeding her again until she's a good bit older? I know you have no control over his actions but hopefully he can see that things didn't go well and need to be done differently next time.

Good luck with the pup, hope it does well.
smile.png

I think my mom is keeping him. She is in love with him lol. But I think we are getting rid of daddy dog, not sure.

Duckgirl - I must say that I'm rather impressed with you. Regardless of the specifics of the situation, the bottom line is that someone did something they should not have that resulted in pups being born. None of the factors involved were your resposibility, however...YOU stepped up and did your best to get information to help the situation. You disregarded the negative comments/ insults made concerning your parents and continued to communicate with those who you felt would help you get the info. you need. You put the little living beings as the first priority instead of ego.

Whatever happens around you Duckgirl - keep being you!

Quote:
Thank you so much, I tryed to do my best. Thank you for sticking up and supporting me in this. This message made me cry.

Quote:
Thank you so much, I tryed to do my best. Thank you for sticking up and supporting me in this. This message made me cry.

Now - don't do that! You'll get the critters all soggy!!
bun.gif

Quote:

Now - don't do that! You'll get the critters all soggy!!
bun.gif

Well it did, wether ya like it, or not! Lol

Back
Top Bottom