Puppy is in heat AGAIN-twice in 3 months

danischi24

Loves naked pets
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Australia
I noticed blood & interest from the surrounding males last night & I'm hoping she hasn't been bred already
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

I wasn't expecting it so she was out alone for a bit. This is CRAZY. It's not normal & I can't spay her or I probably wont be able to have this breed in the future considering that there's only one in the country. She's less than a year old so I can't breed her & then spay her. This is the brat:

Day061.jpg

Day017.jpg

I feel for you. My Yorkie did the same thing. We were okay during the first heat, but I am really not sure about this last one. If my girl is bred then the daddy is one of her sons.
he.gif
I don't want any more winter puppies. I have found the summer puppies are easier to house train.

I hope that everything works out for you. You do have a very cute dog.

Last edited:
Just spoke to my vet because my breeder was worried about Pyometra but luckily that's crossed off the list so it just seems to be a heat cycle but what a pain in the butt. I just went through this 3 months ago to the day. She's only been free for 2 months & now I have to lock her up for another month
hit.gif

Anyone have female dogs which do this?

Sounds like she is experiencing a "Split Heat"

Split Heats

* Split heats are when a grump shows signs of heat for a few days (bleeding), then stops for 2-10 weeks, and then a normal cycle occurs.
* This is a fairly normal event in young grump and should always be investigated before looking into other problems that prolong estrus.
* There is no infertility associated with this condition.​

Quote:
If she was in heat three months ago, it's probably a split heat but could be her body adjusting. This last summer was AWFUL for hormonal stuff - I had one normal heat cycle in the entire group of them. Everybody I knew was having trouble with weird heat cycles and poor conception rates. If I hadn't just gone through forty or fifty people all screeching about the same thing, I'd be more worried for you, but this last summer was some kind of disaster and nobody's girls behaved normally. Watch her over the next few months to make sure she's not doing it again, but I suspect she'll probably go six months if this one is a good normal heat cycle.

Last one was a normal heat cycle, in fact she possibly landed up pregnant (must have been though osmosis
roll.png
) & I had her injected to absorb any possibilities. Dunno how much more I can take of this. She hates being locked up & has so much energy which turns destructive or self destructive-acral licks etc. She loves coming to work with me but even if I keep her locked up there, my boss will be majorly angry if the neighborhood dogs show up around my workplace.

Ooooohhhh... yeah, if she had a mismate shot that's for sure what's causing this. Dogs space their heat cycles by inserting a false pregnancy between them - every one has a hormonal pregnancy even if they don't show it (i.e., they don't necessarily look like they're having a false pregnancy, getting milk and so on, but their bodies are still doing it). If you shut off that hormonal stream, they'll re-set themselves and can come back into heat faster.

I've never had neighborhood dogs show up. If she's freaking out that much, put fancy pants on her and bring her everywhere with you.

She's cute.

Our Golden Retriever is in heat right now. Been in heat for about 2 weeks. I was expecting much more bleeding, it's not even that bad. I plan on spaying her around 18-24 months.

Some Golden owners use mens underware with a maxi pad in the bottom. Maybe try small kids underware for her. Turn them backwards and put the tail through the opening in the front of the underware. If she will stand to be in them.

She tolerates a diaper only if she's around me. The second I'm gone, she shreds it. A male could shred it easily. I just use it for in the house so she doesn't leak all over everything. I didn't have dogs coming around last time but my neighbors Border Collie was just in heat now & as she never allows mating, she has free run of the farm. She had 5 males following her around for days. Unsuccessfully of course but it has me worried about them following us to work. I could take her to most of my work places but I'll have to make a plan for when I can't be with her. However, I won't be allowed to bring her to work if dogs start showing up.

Back
Top Bottom