Puppy Pictures!

Pics
Mines a giant schnauzer. Their personalities are completely different. I personally don’t like minis.
Ah okay whoops :oops: I figured they’d be similar at least being the same breed but maybe not. I wonder if the issues with the minis though are from people spoiling them and not treating them like dogs? Like maybe if they were raised the same way as giants they’d be better? Or maybe not ? Idek. It’s similar with poodles I feel like.

Ah okay whoops :oops: I figured they’d be similar at least being the same breed but maybe not. I wonder if the issues with the minis though are from people spoiling them and not treating them like dogs? Like maybe if they were raised the same way as giants they’d be better? Or maybe not ? Idek. It’s similar with poodles I feel like.
I keep hearing that they're unpredictable in personality.
My great aunt had one who was a sweetie, and I know a really old and chill one, but it seems like they can be really hyper, super snobby, chill, spastic, affectionate, smart, stupid, friendly or aloof depending on the breeder.
I like to know what I'm working with when I get a dog, which is why I'm leaning more towards mini aussie.

My great aunt had one who was a sweetie, and I know a really old and chill one, but it seems like they can be really hyper, super snobby, chill, spastic, affectionate, smart, stupid, friendly or aloof depending on the breeder.
I like to know what I'm working with when I get a dog, which is why I'm leaning more towards mini aussie.
Yeah that makes sense! I feel like there’s a lot of BYBdogs out there which gives breeds a bad name. A reputable breeder helps with that. Speaking of which, you’ll likely find more reputable breeders looking into miniature American shepherds rather than mini Aussie. It’s the new name for them and a lot more reputable breeders there. Not that there aren’t in the other but it’s less likely cause people
Mix them and stuff. Might be able to find working registered ones but it’s just easier going with Mini American. They’re basically the same but much easier to find reputable breeders for

Years ago, we puppysat a mini schnauzer named Otto. He was amazing! He was smart, energetic, comical and totally and completely adorable. I'd "do" a mini schnauzer ANY day!
I keep seeing people who say that and also "so sweet and chill" which makes me want one! But if I get one who is all piss and vinegar I'll be really disappointed 😂
They seem sweet, and very silly. Maybe I'll get one, but I need to meet the parent dogs and breeder first.

I will probably regret this since I have MAJOR puppy fever right now and I’m sure this will only make it worse buuuuuuuttttttttt.... I would really love to see everyone’s puppies (or adults) please! :lau :oops: any breed welcome since I love all dogs but bonus points for herding or sporting breeds like Border Collies, Aussies, Heelers, Shepherds, Labs, Goldens, Brittanys, German Shorthaired Pointers, etc. etc. but really any breed. I love Boxers and terriers too :lau I just really would love to see pictures of them. Thanks.
This is my 3 year old, best friend, German shepherd/husky/idk what, Rowley. She is so entertaining, smart, and loving. The best part, she plays with my ducks and protects every animal and human on the property!

Attachments

• 4FF049F8-AC7F-423C-9B05-E449E773A906.jpeg
    4FF049F8-AC7F-423C-9B05-E449E773A906.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 2
  • E5A4CD91-E7E9-444D-83C6-DB234F68EAB6.jpeg
    E5A4CD91-E7E9-444D-83C6-DB234F68EAB6.jpeg
    538.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 91D9192F-9981-4621-9912-6C54B2F662EA.jpeg
    91D9192F-9981-4621-9912-6C54B2F662EA.jpeg
    677.3 KB · Views: 2
  • FB101C8F-C9E9-4899-92ED-87D3AE54B1FF.jpeg
    FB101C8F-C9E9-4899-92ED-87D3AE54B1FF.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 79FDDA27-D1B6-40AF-8EED-71D65D601559.jpeg
    79FDDA27-D1B6-40AF-8EED-71D65D601559.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 6A449723-7DC3-4A5B-9649-03A154FC0ECB.jpeg
    6A449723-7DC3-4A5B-9649-03A154FC0ECB.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 3
Yeah that makes sense! I feel like there’s a lot of BYBdogs out there which gives breeds a bad name. A reputable breeder helps with that. Speaking of which, you’ll likely find more reputable breeders looking into miniature American shepherds rather than mini Aussie. It’s the new name for them and a lot more reputable breeders there. Not that there aren’t in the other but it’s less likely cause people
Mix them and stuff. Might be able to find working registered ones but it’s just easier going with Mini American. They’re basically the same but much easier to find reputable breeders for
Thanks for the suggestion! It probably won't be for another two years, like when my standard aussie is gone.

Genetics and training play a HUGE roll in dogs. Since there are a ton of BYB it’s hard to find a well bred one which means many are not too great of dogs. They are hyper so they’ll need a lot of enrichment, playing and training and they need a lot of socializing so they don’t become annoying dogs that bark at everything. Since they were bred for hunting rats they can become prone to chasing/killing small animals. I’m not super educated on minis since I prefer giants but that’s all I know about them.

Back
Top Bottom