Purchased Coops

BLaBauve

Songster
10 Years
Jun 14, 2009
Georgia
I'm looking to purchase a coop for 8-10 chickens, it does not need a run. I need something quick so I cannot build it myself. Does anyone recommend any specific companies? If you have any pictures of your purchased coops that would be great as well.

Thanks!

I purchased mine built, I am pleased with it, but have to admit I want more chickens and will probably build the next one. (Or I should say, Hubby will build it)

I think I've looked at the exact coop you have. Where did you order it from? Your pictures are beautiful! How many hens do you have in the coop?

Quote:
I bought it from a local Garden Center, but I think it was built in Amish Country, Lancaster, PA. We had 10 hens but sadly lost one in the fall. The 9 hens did well over winter. The coop is 4x6.

I have this and it is awesome. I highly recommend it.
smile.png

http://www.horizonstructures.com/coop.asp

Do you know if you can take it apart? I'll have to build it inside my run. If I ever move I'd need to break it down to get it out.

Quote:
I wouldn't know how you could take it apart, you maybe able to take the legs off but otherwise it's built solid. But, I don't know much about building stuff. It was moved in on a flat bed with a fork lift. They do make wheels for them so they can be moved around.

I have not received mine yet, I want them to ship the week of April 12th since I am on vacation, but I ordered it from sunset barns. I am so happy with all contact with Butch, the one who seems to answer the phone. I think he is the owner. The one I ordered is the 4'x8' one. I live in michigan and it is costing me 550 to have it delivered. It will come already built, not a kit. And Butch said he could make any changes I needed. I asked him to make sure the pop door was high enough to keep the bedding in the coop.

I am so excited, I can't wait till it gets here. I think that 4x8 will be big enough for me for a long while. I was worried about the 4x6 ones being to small, also I wanted one I could walk into.

www.sunsetbarns.com/chicken_coops.html

Sandra

I've been talking to Horizon Structures and them claim you can take it apart. I would be buying the Kit and assembling it so maybe that make it easier to break down if we ever move.

Back
Top Bottom