Songster
Apr 1, 2021
Shawnee, Kansas
Is this a pure Ameraucana or a mix?

Attachments

• 20210605_173657.jpg
    20210605_173657.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 27
What type of mix do you guys think it can be?
Where did you get it? It even looks dubbed but it's hard to tell. It definitely is pure American Gamefowl or at least has some gamefowl in him. I'm not good with specific strains, but personally looks quite similar to a Coal Miner Mug. I don't believe you can single out strains well without knowing the breeder as there is quite a bit of variation within strains. @roosterhavoc might be able to provide some more incite because I could be very wrong :) Gamefowl is not an area I am confident in

Where did you get it? It even looks dubbed but it's hard to tell. It definitely is pure American Gamefowl or at least has some gamefowl in him. I'm not good with specific strains, but personally looks quite similar to a Coal Miner Mug. I don't believe you can single out strains well without knowing the breeder as there is quite a bit of variation within strains. @roosterhavoc might be able to provide some more incite because I could be very wrong :) Gamefowl is not an area I am confident in
It's honestly a funny story: After I finished building my chicken coop a long time ago the neighbor gave me a rooster for a gift "I believe a cochin but not sure." But then a few months ago they said if they could trade a new rooster for the old one because that was the last cochin rooster they had after the other cochins died and they gave me the rooster that I sent the picture of as a trade. They said it was an ameraucana rooster and dubbed the comb because it had a HORRIBLE case of frostbite. They do have Gamefowl and bantam breeds though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom