Purebed or cross?

Silver Chick

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Just wondering about these two, I'm interested in buying them. The add said they were Japanese bantam cross modern game. They look pure-bred to me but either way i'm still interested in buying them.

second photo, the pullet is the silver one.

Just wondering about these two, I'm interested in buying them. The add said they were Japanese bantam cross modern game. They look pure-bred to me but either way i'm still interested in buying them.

second photo, the pullet is the silver one.
Those aren't purebred Modern Game or Japanese. Pure Japanese bantams have a very prominent tail that is positioned more forward than the birds shown, and Modern Game have a very upright posture and long legs. However, they don't look like a cross. The cock looks like some variety of Old English Game, and the hen looks like a Splash Rosecomb bantam, perhaps.

I mean't that the add said they were both mixed with a game and a Japanese bantam. I wasn't too sure, just because they are young and all. The pullet isn't laying yet and the rooster has only just started to crow.

The rooster looks like an Old English Game or an Old English Game mix. The pullet looks like a Silver Duckwing Old English Game.

Back
Top Bottom