Purely Poultry Order review

This is my first post, and I feel the need to share a bad experience I have had with Purely Poultry. I have ordered chickens from them in the past and have been satisfied- No delays in the order- shipped on time, etc.. This year, I have hatched Sebastopol geese. Only 1 hatched with this last batch, so I thought since we have the correct housing for waterfowl now, I would order a couple of ducklings to keep this latest baby goose company. (I have read that when raised together, they get along quite well). After some research, I decided on Cayuga ducklings- which Purely Poultry listed as "In Stock" with a hatch date of June 9th. After having a great experience with their chick order, and since I am only 1 county away, I placed an order for a female and male duckling. I would never place an order like that for 2 little ones out of state. Also, they charge $56.99 for USPS shipping of 2 day-olds, so I assumed, (never assume!), that the high shipping cost must be for the $35.00 USPS Express charge and the special box and handling. That is fine with me, the faster they get to their destination the better. When June 10th came though, and I had heard nothing from Purely Poultry, I called to ask if possibly the eggs did not hatch- Well, the lady said "she would have to look into that and email me". 3 hours later with no reply, I am calling back- get ahold of a different lady, who informed me that, "There was a mistake on the website regarding the hatch date" and "now it has been moved to the 15th of June". Also, "Your birds won't be there the next day because they are coming from out of state". I emailed a couple of days later and asked where their birds came from- I received no reply at all. I was shocked to hear that these ducklings were coming from out of Wisconsin since the Purely Poultry website clearly states that if they only provide "Regional" birds. Also, the owner of Purely Poultry stated on a Backyard Chickens post:

• purelypoultry
  • overrun.v2172762664.png
  • Forum: Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
  • Thread: anyone ever order from Purely Poultry?
We partner with 45 hatcheries and breeders that we ship with nationwide that ship birds directly to our customers. We use the location that has the birds that you want, can ship the soonest, provides the best service, and is located closest to you.

So I was horrifed today, June 16th, when I checked my email and see a USPS tracking number from CALIFORNIA!! (to Wisconsin!)For 2- Day-old ducklings!! ALSO!- The shipping method was USPS Priority 3-Day!! I will be lucky if the little ones make it here alive. I also feel totally ripped off since USPS Priority shipping for Day-old poultry between California and Wisconsin is around $10.00- NOT anywhere close to $56.99!- even with purchasing a special box and handling. I will no longer give my business to Purely Poultry, probably just the poor cusomer service and shipping overcharge would have ended any ties with them. They were not honest with me about the availability of the birds. A week later they still had not changed their website regarding the hatch date and availability of this breed. And in my case, when information like the origin state is asked for, and their customer service clearly avoids you the way they did to me, they seem to care more about making a buck than the wellbeing of these day-old ducklings. Very sad to see a business run this way! Susan K. - Nekoosa, WI.
I also am having a bad time with Purely Poultry. I ordered quail eggs, they said they shipped on Tues but don't use tracking numbers. I have informed delivery and there is no package on its way to me. I feel scammed.

I also am having a bad time with Purely Poultry. I ordered quail eggs, they said they shipped on Tues but don't use tracking numbers. I have informed delivery and there is no package on its way to me. I feel scammed.
I’m sorry to hear this. Could it be results of Covid? We just heard that a local Post Office will be shutting its doors and this will cause more delays.

I ordered 10 chicks in Jan that were available & scheduled to arrive in March but 10 days before they arrived I was told it would be another 3 weeks due to a "hiccup" at the farm.

After being given a new "ship date"& not hearing from them I sent an email asking if they were shipped. I got an email around 11 that night confirming they were in fact shipped .

Next morning phone rang & woke me 8 am .The caller didn't leave a message or answer the phone when I called back so I drove to the post office and found my chicks had arrived.

An email was waiting on me when I got home saying when to expect the chicks.

Skip forward 3 months :3 out of 10 of our chicks are darker,smaller and have bigger combs because they're totally different breeds.

You decide if you want to take a chance or not but my chicks were half wild and scared to death when they arrived. They wouldn't eat or drink water for hours but in spite of all this they survived and are tame now.Not one single chicks ever got sick and none died.

Back
Top Bottom