purina feed quail chicks

prairie farmer

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 30, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has had problems with Purina feed used with quail chicks. I was trying to brood 500 bobwhite quail this summer and lost over half the chicks in the first few days. I was trying to analyze my problem and looked at the feed bags. The feed the dealer sold me the week before was over 6 months old and clumpy. Is this feed to old, or possible moldy?

The pattern of the dead chicks was random. they were just dropping over all over in the brooder ring. I have had problems in the past with the chicks piling up, I think due to heat or drafts but this was not the case.

I contacted Purina right away and they told me they were going to open a complaint and collect a sample from me of the feed. several months went by and nothing happened. They now will not even respond to my E-MAIL. I have always had a great deal of respect for Purina but then again I never had a problem and needed their help.

I was hearing that from some of my customers. I was wondering what was going on. I stopped feeding my birds Purina when I found Manna Pro
smile.png
That's what I recommend for all.

I feed my birds Manna Pro from hatch to breeding.

Quote:
In the past my quail developed Vit B 12 deficiency when I was feeding purina, I switched to Manna Pro and no problem since then.

Purina is overpriced and overrated, why pay arm and leg for a feed which is way below they claim it is?

Back
Top Bottom