Purina Layena PLUS Omega-3 Poultry Feed

Quote:
Can you enter the sweepstakes on the Purina site or just on Facebook? I am not into Facebook, just don't get the hype. It makes me mad that some good companies have closed there great websites for the drivel of one liners on Facebook. JMHO

I don't know. There was a thread where it was posted that fb could be bypassed.

Imp

Here's the thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=543367

Last edited:
Quote:
Can you enter the sweepstakes on the Purina site or just on Facebook? I am not into Facebook, just don't get the hype. It makes me mad that some good companies have closed there great websites for the drivel of one liners on Facebook. JMHO

I agree. A lot of the companies that I would get coupons from have now gone to Facebook. I don't like that.
somad.gif

I think you have to join via Facebook. I don't have any personal information that they can take. It's just my little hobby farm name but no date of birth, employment, etc.

Quote:
From webMD

The benefits of omega-3s include reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke while helping to reduce symptoms of hypertension, depression, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), joint pain and other rheumatoid problems, as well as certain skin ailments. Some research has even shown that omega-3s can boost the immune system and help protect us from an array of illnesses including Alzheimer's disease.

I don't know if there is much evidence that omega 3 fatty acids in chicken food provides much if any benefit to people.

Imp​

I paid $23 for this feed today and am starting to think I got ripped off
somad.gif
But the Radbird likes it and with 30# in the freezer this should last about a year..

I've used it and I think it's a good feed. I can't deal with the 40# bags though - it messes up my storage system too much and it kind of makes me latently angry that it's not easy to compare the pricing.

The Omega 3 fed to the chickens should increase the Omega 3 content of the eggs laid by those chickens.

If it is just the Omega 3 you are after it might be cheaper to feed a good base feed and offer them some salmon as a treat my Ladies love salmon and tuna

If it is just the Omega 3 you are after it might be cheaper to feed a good base feed and offer them some salmon as a treat my Ladies love salmon and tuna

A simpler way would just let the free range. Most a "greens" contain some omega fatty acids.
As for feeding them salmon, its a nice treat but a waste of money (for chickens).

Back
Top Bottom