Purple Skin on Duck's Rear?

Does she lay? Theres Ascites I don't know if this is what she has just trying to think of what this maybe. Any chance of a vet examine?

https://www.timbercreekfarmer.com/ascites-in-chickens-and-ducks-water-belly/
I am not sure if she is one of the laying girls. I have three hens and a drake in a coop together, and I usually get two eggs from them. She could be the one that isn't laying, or it may be one of the other girls. Not sure on that one.
I've looked into Ascites, but she is not hot anywhere or hard to the touch at all. Also, she seems to be acting fine when it is not infected or yellow on the sides (when it is, she will sit in a corner and sleep all day). She went to the food this morning just fine, which, ironically, is something I don't think I have ever seen her do in the morning. She tends to be the mellow duck of the bunch -- not super quick to jump in the pond or play around -- but she has always been that way since I introduced the drake.
Unfortunately, we do not have a vet in the area that would be able to help with ducks. Luckily this doesn't seem to be affecting her too much, but I am just concerned because I have never seen or heard of anything like this on a duck before. I would like to know what is going on with her.

I know I was hoping @Isaac 0 or @casportpony would have an idea.
As long as she is acting normal and nothing is leaking I guess just treat as you have been and let's hope it's nothing serious. I have an old EE[8] with Ascites I think that is what it is, she has been like this for probably 3 yrs now her belly feels squishy.

Update: My duck is looking so much better. I have been putting fresh oregano leaves in their food each day along with apple cider vinegar in their water every day. Also, every night, before bed, I put her in the pond to clean her off if she is dirty, and then I cover her rear in bacitracin. The purple, blue, and green color is almost gone. The swollen parts on her sagging rear have almost disappeared (although her rear is still sagging).
Today, she was walking around happily with her bill open (something I see some of my other females do when they are excited to see me) and quietly quacking. She ran to the pond this afternoon when I let her out into the yard. She seems to be acting normal again, something I haven't seen her do for nearly a year!

Back
Top Bottom