Put in 11 Silkie eggs yesterday 4/25...anyone else put some in yesterday?

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
This is our first time hatching, so I hope for some success. We had three from our Silkies and I bought 8 more Silkie hatching eggs locally yesterday and we set them all in. I decided to find the additional eggs for greater chance of getting chicks. I am excited to see what colors we get from the ones I picked up yesterday. Our three if succesful, will be Buff, the others should be an interesting mix...maybe some Splash, Porcelains, white, black and/or buffs. I would love love to get a Splash or a Porcelain. The kid I got them from has some lovely Silkies!

SarahJaneB

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Lilbourn, MO (Southeast MO Bootheel)
I put eggs in on the 25th! :) I'm there with you. Sadly i think i see a couple blood rings but every other egg, even the duck eggs are developing. If the ducks hatch is another story, they're an experiment. WIsh i had silkies in there.

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
So far, for the moment, it looks like 7 out of the 11 are developing well....we will check at day 14 and and see where we are at.

SarahJaneB

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Lilbourn, MO (Southeast MO Bootheel)
Most of mine were developing well but yesterday was the 21st day and I only have two pips today. I'm hoping I just wrote down day one on the wrong day because otherwise I drowned em all by accidentally letting the humidity hit 90 for a day.

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I just had one hatch just a few minutes ago and another with an external pip...all are still wiggling and wriggling, so I hope they follow this one soon!

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I have another one working it's way out...not much from the others yet. I know I calculated a little wrong. Today is actually day 21!

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
Just got chick # 2! A third one is looking like it's gonna start working soon too, lots of wiggling going on with a small pip.

Tucker91

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
I have a fourth that is newly pipped. So exciting! Though I need to walk away as they stumble around for the first hour or so. :( The first one is getting much steadier, the recent hatchling keep flipping over, but rights himself pretty quick. He is also a bit smaller.

Top Bottom