putting them in the LG tomorrow want to join me?

congrats Harley!!! 7 went into lockdown, 3 hatched so far. One serama, one rock, and another one i thought had a tumor on its head and it was all black!! with white hair/feathers. I called lisa and she had me count the toes.... a silkie that was marked serama!!! my first silkie, my hubby already named it kiwi. no new pips from the others yet.
Donna

I have 4 so far but I don't see any more pips. This is just day 21 so I guess I should let them go a few more days. Then I will clean it out and start a new batch.

Harley, I don't know what kind of incubator you have or how temps have been going..
Just wanted to let you know I have had day 25 hatches.
Good luck
big_smile.png

I have 3 so far, two yellowish and one blackish (maybe blue) but they are mixed colors so definitely could be mutt too. I have 8 more pipped with only one not having anything yet. I am only on day 20 though, so I think that is awesome!

Quote:
harley jack up the humidity and lower the degrees to 97 thats what i did and it did work

Ok, I will try that. Here are some pics....

56696_dsc08865.jpg
[/img]

56696_dsc08862.jpg
[/img]

My dog loves to watch the chicks. I love all the new babies I am seeing on here. I have got to get a silkie or 2!

Quote:
harley jack up the humidity and lower the degrees to 97 thats what i did and it did work

Ok, I will try that. Here are some pics....

[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/56696_dsc08865.jpg[/url]

[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/56696_dsc08862.jpg[/url]

[/url]

My dog loves to watch the chicks. I love all the new babies I am seeing on here. I have got to get a silkie or 2!

some of my dogs love the chicks, some love to chase the chicks, one would like to eat them. Harley I read somewhere that putting them on newspaper can make them have splay leg. looks like you have fine pine shavings on the newspaper, or is it oatmeal? they are sure adorable !!!!

Yes, they will come off that newspaper in the morning. The hatchery that we have gotten chicks from in the past suggest newspaper for the first day or so so that they learn to eat the food, and not the pine shavings. So I will take out the paper in the morning.

Oh and that is chick feed. So that they learn what the food is and then will go to the feeder instead of eating the pine shavings.

Back
Top Bottom