Puzzled.. could this be a girl?

BamaChick76

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 19, 2010
I just had some chicks hatch today! Whoo hoo! My question is how did I get black baby sex links from a RIR roo x deleware? I see a bit of red around eyes and chin on one of them... would that be a girl? I did get some reds and whites ,I've read how to tell those apart. I hope I am asking on the right thread lol

How did me, sis and bro all get blue eyes when our Mamas have brown?
Dad's strong blue eye gene buried the brown.

Never know what all will pop up... personally I'd rather have a deep, but slightly mysterious, gene pool then a shallow, but know every detail, one...

I'm not certain if using a Dellie would be the same as using a Barred Rock. I do know that the Delaware has some barring genes.

I suppose if I had to guess without pics I say it's probably a girl but, I'm certain there will be someone who'll come on and straighten it out for you.

Thanks for the info! I was just shocked when my chicks hatched black and white lol. When I got them I was told that the father was a RIR and mom was a Deleware. I didn't know if it was common or not to have those colors. Like I said before some of them were red and some white. Still trying to learn as much as I can
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom