Puzzled on what breed this could be.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cupman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    This is my bird, Randi. She got suddenly ill one day and quit eating and drinking, died the next day. She was 8 weeks old. My cross-beaked oddball chicken that had a lot of personality. Well, I was trying to determine what breed of chicken she was and for the life of me can't figure it out. I know for certain she was not a white leghorn, as I have one of those and they looked a lot different. I was reading the list of chicken breeds I purchased, I wrote it down when I first got them.. according to that list Randi should have been an amarucana/easter egger. I don't think she looks like either. Maybe I just got a bird that was mixed up and put in the wrong bin?

[​IMG]

I think this picture is a bit dated... I believe the bird was probably 4 or 5 weeks old when this picture was taken.

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    She has definite green legs. I would say she was an EE.

3. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    Huh. Guess I was mistaken then.. I thought all the EE looked similar. That makes sense though, as it was the only one unaccounted for. Thank you.

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Since EEs are, in essence, mixed breeds, there is no "standard" for them. They can come in any color. They usually, but not always, have beard/muffs, pea comb, and green legs. They are very popular not only for their rainbow colors of eggs but also the rainbow colors of their plumage.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Pea comb and green legs- EE probably. And she should be a pretty one too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by