Puzzled on what breed this could be.

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
This is my bird, Randi. She got suddenly ill one day and quit eating and drinking, died the next day. She was 8 weeks old. My cross-beaked oddball chicken that had a lot of personality. Well, I was trying to determine what breed of chicken she was and for the life of me can't figure it out. I know for certain she was not a white leghorn, as I have one of those and they looked a lot different. I was reading the list of chicken breeds I purchased, I wrote it down when I first got them.. according to that list Randi should have been an amarucana/easter egger. I don't think she looks like either. Maybe I just got a bird that was mixed up and put in the wrong bin?

86324_screwybeak.png

I think this picture is a bit dated... I believe the bird was probably 4 or 5 weeks old when this picture was taken.

Huh. Guess I was mistaken then.. I thought all the EE looked similar. That makes sense though, as it was the only one unaccounted for. Thank you.

Since EEs are, in essence, mixed breeds, there is no "standard" for them. They can come in any color. They usually, but not always, have beard/muffs, pea comb, and green legs. They are very popular not only for their rainbow colors of eggs but also the rainbow colors of their plumage.

Back
Top Bottom