Puzzled, PLEASE HELP!!!

I read your post about the egg white and yolk leaching out while soaking your hen in water. It sounds like a shelless egg. I recommend that you flush the inside of her vent with a vinegar/water solution to help prevent a bacterial infection. Use a large syringe (without needle) mixing 1 tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 quart of water. Use a full syringe of the mixture and insert the syringe into her vent and flush. Use about 4-5 syringe fulls, the liquid may or may not flow out of the vent afterwards. It's possible your other hen has the same issue, you can soak her as well if you wish. If she lays an egg or has a shelless egg like your other bird, forget the corid. But if there's a problem with them "fluffing," it's a possible sign of cocci. There is no egg withdrawal after using corid.

I flushed them out with the white vingar, changed antibiotics, am force feeding them a mixture of watery feed with elrectrolyte water. The blue Marans is up on her feet and eating well this morning (oatmeal, yogurt, boiled egg yolk). The other marans is not up but made a huge fuss when I force fed her, I take that as a good sign since yestrerday she was limp as a rag?

Damn cats ran over my lap top key board and knocked out a few keys! Hard to type.

Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions!!!!!! My girls thank you as well! Keeping fingrs crossed for a full recovery!!!

ya.gif

THANK YOU for all your help and suggestions, I followed them to the letter. Both girls bounced back in 24 hours and rejoined the flock yesterday!!! Both are eating well and are happy to be back hanging with their girlfriends.

Again, THANK YOU so much!

Back
Top Bottom