PVC Feeder help

Quote:
I pluged the end of a test watering trough with plastic coffee 'cans' folgers are very tight fit in 4" sewer drain pvc, water tight enough I don't see any drips, only water loss I see if from my girls.

I made a PVC feeder today for my new coop and chicks. I used the 3 or 4 inch PVC and the wye connector, looks like it will work great. I found a betty crocker frosting lid fit perfectly on the top instead of paying almost 7 bucks for a cap on the top.
smile.png

I have two feeders using 3" PVC with a 90 degree angle to a section about 18" with three 3" holes cut out for feeding. I find that it works great with pellets, not as good with crumbles. I imagine it'd be a nightmare with mash. Anyway, I have to daily make sure the crumbles have worked their way down. My girls have never gone hungry, though, and I'm sure they would be able to work the crumbles down themselves, too. There is little to no waste, though and with the price of feed these days that's a huge bonus to a feeder like this.

Schwartzfarmnc
How cool! That would also help keep poo out.. (My chickens pride themselves on Pooing, where I think it's not possible)
lau.gif

I built mine like I did.. because I wanted to feed them, without having to go into our coop.. they would all crowd the door, when they heard me coming. This way.. but I do like your smaller opening.. Hmmm, I might have to make another version & try it out
I know this post was from a long time ago, but I'd love to make some of these and wondered what width pipe you used?

Thanks!

Timp123 I do like your design.

I made ours a little different and have attached photo's.  I know have 6 feeders and one thing I love about them they cannot waste anything and it is so easy to fill and move too.

58941_food_station.jpg

58941_dscf3726.jpg
We stole this idea and I love how little space it takes up. I only have one feeder for the seven hens and it works great. A few weeks ago they started wasting feed and throwing it all over the coop floor. We added an adapter raising the end another 2 inches and has worked great. No more wasting feed.

Back
Top Bottom