PVC Pipe Pens

ChickenChik

Songster
9 Years
Apr 10, 2010
Kinsey, Alabama
Does anyone have any pictures of the duck/chicken pens that are made out of PVC pipe. I would like to make one that I can walk in and spend time with my ducks!! Thank you!

Quote:
Are you talking about a Hoop House or just replacing wood with plastic pipe? Google for them there used to be plans for both on the websites of people that make and sell PVC pipe.

My hubby made an awesome one for me, came out so much better than I expected and the extra upside is that it's light and I can move it around! I thought it would look trashy but I am so happy with it, give me a minute and I'll post pics later today.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I would like to see that as well. My goal has been to have moveable houseing, yet I just built this monstrousity that would need a crain to get it off the ground............. I was just building it and thinking.."What the heck am I doing, this is so far off track..." I will be a good place to grow them out I guess.

Suzeeg has a large PVC coop that she moves with a tractor, here is a link to her thread I think her coop is about 7' high.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=344460

Also check out her page. I have a mini-coop to be tractor (once I get wheels on it) that has a run made out of PVC poles. Suzeeg's tractor/coop however is COMPLETELY framed out of PVC, including the door.
smile.png

Quote:
Katharinad~ Have you used these? It looks interesting, and certianly the tools are not overly expensive. Any idea what the pipe runs in terms of cost?

Suzegg's tractor is really nice, I like it. I think I need to go play around a bit with the PVC pipe that's sitting in the shed....

I have not used it, but have seen it on a home improvement tv show and it was fantastic how fast they've got things going. I've been playing with the idea of buying one for over a year now. My next aviary will be build this way, and the greenhouse I want for so long now. PVC will get brittle in time. We live at 4000 feet and the UV eats everything up here, and the strong winds in winter will just snap them. They have done this with my pea fence made out of pvc. Sure it will cost a little bit more to build with fence tubing, but it will last longer. The pipes are available at any hardware store, so you can do the math as to cost. It's way cheaper then a ready made greenhouse frame set. This guy has also instructions on how to build on this site, it is not that complicated at all. Just looking at the photos tells you what to do. I had a nice email conversation with him last year and he was very informative and friendly. Told me I could call him if I get stuck using it. This man came up with an idea and is still marketing etc all by himself.
Forgot to mention he sells them on ebay with an excellent feedback rating.
http://stores.ebay.com/lcgs-greenhouse-systems-supply?_rdc=1

Last edited:
I love companies where you can still talk to the original person involved. That's one of the reasons I bought a Dickey incubator instead of one of the other brands I was considering. I talked to him several times and he was always extreemly helpful and patient. Great customer service from a really nice man. I'll look into it more, but I am really interested. Looks like a really good product that would come in handy for a lot of projects. Thanks for the link, I know prices of greenhouse or other hoop buildings make me want to cry....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom