Pygmy goat disappeared

cochinbantam-lover

Songster
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Hello everyone, My son had a pygmy goat that had been nightly sleeping in a dog house on the deck. He said the last time he had seen it, it was out behind a shed. We live sorta rural I guess you could say. anyway one morning they woke up and the little goat was nowhere to be found, not a trace. What do you think could have happened to the poor little thing? Thank you for any thoughts!!! It is just so sad!
sad.png

Could it have wandered if it wanted to? Goats are curious animals, and will roam if not fenced in (or tethered to something!). Put the food it likes most out near the house and see if you can lure it back. Best of luck.

Oh my gosh, yes we do have coyotes, not too many wolves around tho. Do you think it could have maybe wandered off somewhere? Thankyou so much for your response, I have been so upset about it!

Quote:
There's always hope, but you need to be proactive. Tell the neighbors, police, animal control, humane society, even the forest rangers...anyone that has an ear or eye open will help. Post signs at your post office, grocery store, library. Get going...hope for the best.

Quote:
There's always hope, but you need to be proactive. Tell the neighbors, police, animal control, humane society, even the forest rangers...anyone that has an ear or eye open will help. Post signs at your post office, grocery store, library. Get going...hope for the best.

I second this! Good luck
hugs.gif
All you can do is try your best! Here is a story from our sister site; this woman's goat had pink eye and was pretty much blind when it wandered off... http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6124

We live about an hour north of Asheville, N.C. and we saw on the news about a family that were keeping their pet goat on their deck and a Black bear walked up and carried the goat off, they haven't seen it since, Pets need a very secure place to sleep at night. I hope ya'll find your little goat safe and uninjured.

Back
Top Bottom