pygmy goat with weird growths on neck

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by agnes_day, Feb 12, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    well, one of my girls will finally let me hold and really pet her and i noticed that she has these 2 really big growth things on her neck..they almost feel like 2 long hairy nipples! does she have some sort of weird goat cancer thing going on??? she seems healthy otherwise.

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    that would be goatie jewelry, [​IMG] actually waddles, useless pieces of flesh, some have them some don't [​IMG]

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Those are called waddles I have two goats with them as well. My billy John loves it when you play with them Angel my little doe has them but she doesnt like them touched. When John was a baby we would play with them and call him waddle waddle. lol

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    oh thank god! i just knew she had some horrific disease or something! [​IMG]

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I love waddles! One of my Nigis has waddles and it's sooooo adorable. [​IMG]

6. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    One of my little goats that I bought this weekend has those, didn't know what they were LOL.

7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I have 2 pygmies and one of them had a growth. It was not the waddles. Is it swollen at all? I can't remember the name that my vet told me it was, but he had to be put on antibiotics for it. (His was really huge) When we were done with his treatment...a couple weeks later, he got it again. We made another appt for the vet to see him. Before we were able to bring him it popped...this was a couple of weeks ago...He hasn't gotten it again...I hope it doesn't come back... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by