Pyr litter referral request

LOL please send it, we're considering them from everywhere.
smile.png
Heck, I'd be interested in the sweet offer from Canada if the shipping alone weren't a nightmare. Hugs to you all for the support and help. I cannot begin to believe the size of the hole she left in our lives.

Cher, again...hugs and heart goes out to you. Been there done that, still cant type this without crying, The Great Pyr Club of America site is http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/index.html
They
have a breeder refferal area.
There are always some in Rescue as they are so cute when little and dont stay that way,
plus the breed isnt for just the average dog owner. We have had three from rescue and have been very lucky, as in all dog breeds you have risks of health and temperment issues.
they changed our lives, changed us as people for the better-but dont most dogs? (o:
Our second came from a breeder in Harrisburg, Pa, Whitehope, who they had bred but the family had to return. I was expecting our first child, and our Pyr had kinda been our child, so we were lost to say the least.
We were looking at rescued ones at the time and being pregnant they wanted us to make sure the adopted dog would be good with children. He was, excellent with them and grew with all three until he passed away last December. The 10 year ave lifespan is the only bad thing with Pyrs.
I know sometimes the breeders know what is going on with other breeders and who would be closer to you so I am optimistic you will have a new fluff ball soon. I for one, will be looking forward to your pictures!!

I put a referral request on LGD-L that ought to also get some referrals. 10 years would be fine by me, I never hope for more than a few good years any more. Three months was just far too little.

They really are different and special. I love a thinking breed.

I think its something about a dog that is your size, too!! But thats where they get into trouble as a breed they are smarter then most people. I love that about them, too. The ones on BYC seem to be used as working dogs so they are very happy. But if you dont research the breed, like any breed, people can run into trouble. My second came out of NYC from a two room apartment. Yikes!!
Well, we were very happy to have had him and to have had the first family not work out.
Our third is a sweetie, too. I dont know anything about his history, but he was wasting away in a kill shelter and was so weak he couldnt walk when he got off the transport, all skin and bones.
All I knew was we were Pyrless, and there was one in need. This one stuck around though, which is always a risk when you do rescue. He is a good boy and a great LGD.
My first still owns my heart, they do that to you, that you know...<hugs>

Quote:
Okay Laura told me to look into flight costs. Accompanied dogs don't have as rough a go...

That makes sense, but I'm not sure it will help us, since it would mean someone would have to make a two way flight and that would be awfully expensive. There may be another option, though. When I was breeding rabbits, I belonged to a Rabbit Transport list, where people needing an animal tranported or those who were travelling and willing to transport could connect with each other. If we could even get the pup over the border, then flown domestically, it would make a huge difference in the cost and logistics.

It would be me doing the two way flying
smile.png
but since I am looking for that same kind of connection, I'm going to be meeting them before they come home. Yeah, it's expensive but as a retired trainer, I know what I'm looking for.

And in most cases accompanied is cheaper than separate shipping.

Quote:
Well, if you're willing to travel, look into which airlines allow small animals as carry on baggage. I know several of them do now and even a Pyr would be small enough at 6 to 8 weeks to fit in one of those soft sided carriers. The closest international airport to me is Regina, Saskatchewan. If you think this is something you might want to do, just let me know. I would love to have you meet both litters and pick out the soul that speaks to you. The two litters will be 3 weeks and 1 week old respectively tomorrow so we have plenty of time to work things out.

Unfortunately in TN the lady runs MidSouth rescue more like a for profit business. She creeps me out. I'll check out Carolina... And I have contacted Nation Pyr rescue.

Back
Top Bottom