Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Pics
Hi to everyone, I´m newbie here. I´m from Czech Republic and this year I´ve decided to hatch some emus (in previous years I did only chickens,ducks, turkeys and geese). Thoug I then have the some expiriences, emus are maybe the most challenging for me, mainly maintance of very low humidity....
Anyway, I have 2 eggs on day 48 and 3 on day 45, some of them wiggling very readily when I whistle, some of them with only slight vibrations.
I can´t wait if they hatch without any problems on this weekend/next week.
Wish me (them) luck!:)
Marek

How exciting! Good luck and we'd love to see some photos.

I missed this earlier :) Awesome, congrats! Sounds like you will have a good hatch. You should definitely start your own thread to follow the hatch so people can follow along and you can post lots of pictures! Feel free to drop a link to it in here too if you do make one :)

Week five update!

Egg 22 has lost 60 grams, and should have lost 59.5 grams. Right on target, looking good! Egg B has lost 60.9 grams and should have lost 57.4. A little high, still in the safe weight loss zone. Egg A, which I'm 98% certain is a dud, has lost 66.4 grams and should have lost 59.85. So it's a bit high, but actually not as bad as before. Still no tilt or wiggling though.

Egg C is on day 24, and should have lost 48 grams. It's lost 48.9 grams, so it's pretty much dead on as well.

Week five update!

Egg 22 has lost 60 grams, and should have lost 59.5 grams. Right on target, looking good! Egg B has lost 60.9 grams and should have lost 57.4. A little high, still in the safe weight loss zone. Egg A, which I'm 98% certain is a dud, has lost 66.4 grams and should have lost 59.85. So it's a bit high, but actually not as bad as before. Still no tilt or wiggling though.

Egg C is on day 24, and should have lost 48 grams. It's lost 48.9 grams, so it's pretty much dead on as well.

WOW that's super exciting! :wee:pop:wee

Back
Top Bottom